3 December 2014
This is the final call for Submissions to the FOCAL International Awards in association with AP Archive. There has been a fantastic response so far with close to 200 entries.To avoid disappointment we are keeping the submissions window open until 12th December.
The Award categories are as follows:
* Best Use of Footage in a History Production
* Best Use of Footage in a Current Affairs Production
* Best Use of Footage in a Factual Production
* Best Use of Footage in an Entertainment
* Best Use of Footage in an Arts Production
* Best Use of Footage in a Music Production
* Best Use of Sports Footage
* Best Use of Wildlife and Natural History Footage
* Best Use of Footage on Digital or Non-television Platforms
* Best Use of Footage in a Cinema Release
* Best Archive Restoration / Preservation Project
* Best Archive Restoration / Preservation Title
* The Jane Mercer Footage Researcher of the Year Award (no fee)
* Footage Employee of the Year (no fee)
* Footage Library of the Year (no fee)
* Lifetime Achievement (no fee)
•Have you used library or stock footage in any production premiered in 2014?
•Have you restored a classic film or preserved a library collection?
•Have you researched archive footage for a production?
•Have you licensed or handled library or stock footage?
•Who is worthy of an award for achievement or service to the industry?
Hurry NOW to enter the leading and most complete set of awards for the archive footage business in the world today. The FOCAL International Awards, presented in association with AP Archive celebrate the best use of footage in all variety of genre, across all media platforms and also recognise the researchers, technicians and producers that access, maintain, restore and use this precious resource.
Producers, filmmakers and other creative professionals who have used library footage in a documentary, feature film or any other form of production over the last year are encouraged to submit their work for consideration. Awards for best archive researcher, best library, footage employee and best restoration work are also up for grabs. Entries in all 16 categories are due by the extended deadline of December 12, 2014.
The gala dinner and awards presentation ceremony, will be held 21st May at the Lancaster London Hotel.